Tuesday 1 November 2016

Just for You


Hello and yes welcome to November... at least it is here in Australia, so that gives me time to  finish my card and post it. I'm playing along with this months Power & Spark challenge at Power Poppy... did I say before I love these stamps.  Anyway I've been thinking on this "make it move" theme and decided to make a bookmark that you can 'move' from the card to use - this card is for my mum who'll be 86 in a week and she loves to read so this will be special for her - it is also held in place with magnets (just located under the vase) so it won't slip out.  I stamped the image from the Poppies set, twice and coloured both with Brushos as I went. Layered the main panel on green and coral cardstock onto a red card. Then on with the sentiment and the tricky part was lining up the layers on the top of the bookmark so it matched the card. Finished off with a 3D mounted 'happy birthday'. I am pretty pleased with the result, and thanks for taking a peek...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, I'm visiting you from October. We've still an hour to go here before it's November. Your card is absolutely stunning. I've made cards with bookmarks as tags before but never anything so elaborate. This is a real beauty. I love the stamp too and your colours are gorgeous. Your Mum will just love it. A beautiful piece of work. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, Another beautiful card. Having a bookmark is such a good idea.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of those double-take cards that come along now and then and just leave me in awe! What a cool idea, Robyn, and what a fantastic job you did coloring and layering your design! Your mother will be so tickled!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn